Thursday 3 November 2011

Reveal and Engage

This mini project brought together all 4th year design students together for one morning.  Giving everyone chance to present their work in a 1.5m square on the floor as best they could, and then walk around and see everyone else's.  I transferred my big story board to small cork board, neatened the post-its onto acetate overlays, made business cards, laid out some children's books and printed out a still from my test (which is quickly becoming the most handy and over used bit of animation I've ever done!).



It was a little crowded at first, and everyone seemed a bit manic to find their minimum 5 potential collaborative partners.  I also thought it would have been better if some 3rd years had come as most 4th years are too busy and involved in their own projects already to be taking on new ideas. But as people drifted off to lunch and the atmosphere settled I got chatting to a some interesting illustrators, and then Kirsty Quinn from Performance Costume.

I had been totally focused on finding graphic designers and illustrators to help with my own project and hadn't thought about other people wanting me to collaborate on theirs! When Kirsty came to find me it was a lovely surprise. Her project is costumes for from James and the Giant Peach and she wants to project a simple, sketchy animation onto the catwalk of the other characters, seagulls, shark etc. Its a really exciting idea and a great little side project to Hannah, with a totally different audience. I'm really excited about it and hope it comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment